Socrates Revival
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum devoted to the free exchange of thoughts and ideas in a civil manner, free from taboos, intimidation, or censorship.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shawna

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Liz Anscombe

Liz Anscombe

Shawna Empty
PostSubject: Shawna   Shawna Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 23:24

Word of Warning:

I am quite set in my thoughts, rationalizations, ideals and beliefs. If your sole objective is to sway my opinion, you will fall short. I am not here to convince you so do not try to influence me. Thanks.

Myself:

I am a 21-year-old college student who is currently not in college… Go figure. Moving has demanded a break between my already-received Associate’s degree and my upcoming Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees. I am an English major going to school for teaching. I feel strongly on such matters as: abortion, adoption, advertisement manipulation, current war and economic policies, Presidential administrations and political dishonesty, age discrimination, animal testing and experimentation, animal rights, environmental issues, etc. I feel that a human life is more precious than the almighty dollar. I also believe that religion is an institution much like any other. This list can go on and on…

About the Username:

Elizabeth Anscombe (1919-2001) is my favorite female philosopher. She allegedly once said to A.J. Ayer: "If you didn't talk so quickly, people wouldn't think you were so clever"; to which the philosopher replied: "If you didn't talk so slowly, people wouldn't think you were so profound."
Back to top Go down
http://www.whateverlifebrings.wordpress.com
Socrates
Admin
Socrates

Shawna Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shawna   Shawna Icon_minitime6/27/2010, 23:28

lol I bet we are going to butt heads on some issues but those will likely be fun discussions. When I first read your name I thought it said Abercrombie I was scrolling so fast >_> Welcome to the forum, start posting!
Back to top Go down
https://socratesrevival.forumotion.com

Shawna
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Socrates Revival :: Introduction :: Greetings and Salutations-
Jump to: